Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Change the words / actions from I Can Do It to I Did It!

Change the words / actions from  I Can Do It to I Did It!
This year I implemented a tradition to celebrate students’ accomplishments. It is my goal to have a post-it note for each student placed on our chart weekly.  At the end of each week, students take home their post-it notes to share with their families.  As suggested, many parents have helped their children create an I Did It Container at Home.  Students can then post their notes on their containers.  As they acquire more notes, they can store previous post-it-notes in the container.    

Some students can assess their accomplishments, others have a difficult time.  In the beginning all positive accomplishments are accepted including I am a good friend. I am good at soccer and I walked someone to the office.
 
.
Below is an example of an I Did It Container at home highlighting student accomplishments identified in class!
Recently, setting goals, working toward them and accomplishing them is emphasized using the form I Did It Plan!  When not accomplished, I ask students what needs to be done,  When accomplished, I ask students to identify steps/actions  taken to meet their goals.
Form Used Above
 
How to make good choices! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment